14 April 2006

Ah, the long awaited ramblings of my mind...The odds of anyone I care reading this? At this point I could really care less. I have neglected this outlet for quite sometime and realized that this too is a form of therapy that is free no less. So after approximately a month and a half after my 25th birthday I see that I may be traveling a path that I thought would never come fast enough. Many of my friends were worried that I was going to have my 'quarter life crisis', I scoffed at the idea and went about my birthday...exactly one week later I had a mini breakdown that was set off by numerous mini events that I won't go into at this time. Nevertheless, the predictions were true and I felt that a HUGE lifestyle change was in order. Well, the lifestyle hasn't changed but at least I feel that I have made steps towards a larger picture.

Identity is now becoming less of a question as I grow into the person that I've so wanted to be for so long. The imperfections of my persona are being welcomed by my stregnths and in turn are building who I am as a person. I'm running and often stumbling with these thoughts and at times all of it seems overwhelming. Those are usually the days prior to my crimson flow, and as of now I disregard those days as nothing more than the usual hormonal imbalance of a female in her mid-twenties.

I wait impatiently for changes to come, as if tomorrow I were to have a completely different life.

I digress...I return...I digress...that took about twenty minutes.

Let's leave this unfinished...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike McG said...

Beautiful. I'm so glad to hear it all. I feel the same f---in way. I'm finally getting to where I wanted to be. It's reassuring that the path I took somehow led here, despite my raving lunacy. And I'm glad you've guided your path to where it's now heading. Every decision you make is a gamble and I'm glad luck is turning in our favor and we're finally starting to win. (The posthumous work of our favorite elder-gamblers perhaps?)

Still, the transformation from irresponsible to responsible is taking me months. Lifestyle, finances, health, all that jazz is changing. It's exciting though. 'Cause I think life has cycles of ups and downs, and we're both emerging from some big downs into some big ups. Haha, that sounds corny. Right now it's all about Stability and Independence for me. Taken separately, they're easily achieved. But combined it's like juggling a family of sea otters with a 900 lb sack of rice on your back. But I just keep focused on how free I'll feel when I'm both stable and independent! Gasp!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home